Title: Plant Shift Supervisor
Location: Sibley, IA
Reports To: Plant Manager
Supervises: Extrusion Line Operators, Grinders, Coilers, and Utility Persons
Works independently or with minimal supervision 90% of the time.
The Shift Supervisor has direct responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of vacuum corrugation extrusion lines and auxiliary equipment. This person must maximize the output of salable high density polyethylene corrugated pipe in various sizes and lengths while meeting company standards. The Shift Supervisor must possess mechanical aptitude strong enough to understand the correct purpose, function, operation, and adjustment to all of the various components of the extrusion line. The Shift Supervisor works cooperatively with the Plant Manager to carry out planned production schedules and planned downtime for repairs and maintenance.
- Ensure safe, efficient operation of extrusion lines and auxiliary equipment to produce high density polyethylene single wall and dual wall pipe.
- Oversee “downstream” activities: perforating, coiling/packaging, and grinding ensuring proper delegation, task assignment and motivation of employees
- Monitor and make corrections for variances in production processes including line speed, temperature, vacuum, cooling, perforating, and product imperfections.
- Prompt, timely, effective communication to the Plant Manager regarding problems with product quality and operational efficiency.
- Schedule and supervise equipment set up, maintenance, and job changes
- Identify, troubleshoot, and report potential and actual equipment malfunctions
- React quickly and effectively to resolve problems
- Ensure all rework is scheduled and completed
- Maintain a neat, clean work area
- Complete, collect, and forward all required paperwork for each shift
- Communicate all pertinent problems and concerns with other shift supervisors
- Assist with new employee training process
- Attend scheduled corporate training and meetings
- Other miscellaneous duties as required
- High School Diploma or GED
- Technical degree, or equivalent experience, in manufacturing or mechanical-related field
- Extensive supervisory experience in manufacturing processes
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and labor