Location: Timewell, Illinois
Timewell Drainage Products is searching for a Supervisor, Accounting to supervise the general accounting department including the general ledger, accounts payable, fixed assets and capital project accounting. This role also serves as a consultant for managers within the organization, advising them of current budgetary information and working with managers to create a fiscal strategy that aligns with the goals of the organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions.
- Responsible for supervising the accounting procedures of the company.
- Audit the work of the accounting department.
- Engage in critical and confidential aspects of accounting.
- Responsible for the development of policies, systems, special financial studies, etc. of major importance.
- Advise management on matters of fiscal procedure and importance for the organization.
- Ensure compliance with the financial procedures of the organization
- Works with confidential data
- Financial Management.
- Performance Management.
- Ethical Conduct.
The Supervisor, Accounting supervises the accounts payable employees of the accounting department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of these employees within the accounting department.
Position Type & Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time exempt position, and typical work hours are Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent number of years of experience, plus three years of accounting experience.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- CPA designation.
- Master’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP.