Location: Providence, Kentucky
Reports to: Vice President, Operations
Timewell Drainage Products is searching for a Plant Manager for the Providence, Kentucky manufacturing facility. The Plant Manager has top level responsibility for all aspects of the Providence facility’s manufacturing operations. The Plant Manager establishes, maintains, supports, and insures compliance with all practices necessary for safety, quality, efficiency and profitability and will work independently or with minimal supervision 95% of the time. Critical skills include effective planning, delegation, persuasion, and negotiating. A mindset of excellence and habits of doing things right must be core competencies. The Plant Manager must possess and display personal characteristics appropriate for effective leadership and customer/public relations.
- Insure that the work environments and practices under his/her direction provide safe working conditions.
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing and yard operations within company policies and procedures.
- Identify and implement process and product improvements.
- Assure a preventive maintenance plan is established and implemented for all manufacturing equipment.
- Insure that Operators and the Yard Manager maintain clean, safe facilities assuring compliance with safe work practices, training, and OSHA standards. Facilities are to be kept at tour status at all times.
- Work with senior management to establish plant production goals.
- Maintain a well-trained and motivated production staff.
- Insure adequate resin and supplies inventories
- Responsible for managing costs of production to acceptable levels.
- Insure best practices in the hiring, promotion, and training of plant supervisory and production employees
- Conduct employee performance reviews
- Responsible for the product quality control for the plant
- Tracking and reporting of key performance indicators to senior management
- Conduct plant tours for customers and other groups
- Attend scheduled corporate training and meetings
- Formal presentations to internal and external business partners
- Bachelor’s Degree in manufacturing or related field preferred
- 5 years successful management experience in HDPE pipe manufacturing preferred, equivalent successful operations management in a related field will be considered.
- Ability to provide a safe work environment consistent with OSHA standards.
- Interpersonal skills conducive to professional, effective communication with customers and employees at all levels of the company
- Above average computer skills including Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point