Location: Timewell, Illinois
Timewell Drainage Products is searching for a Controller / Vice President, Finance to direct and manage company-wide fiscal and information technology functions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and current IT trends and regulations, respectively. Specifically responsible for General Accounting, Cost Accounting, Credit, Collections, Budget and the Information Technology System.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensures timely and accurate budget analysis and financial review for management team.
- Recommends and develops policies, procedures and systems to meet company objectives.
- Provides strategic financial leadership and support on the evaluation of potential alliances, acquisitions, mergers, pension funds and investments and/or other issues affecting the business.
- Recommends and leads new efforts to improve ROE/ROA performance.
- Works under the direction of the Owner and President to optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiates needed strategies for improvement.
- Builds, develops and manages finance and IT team capable of carrying out needed initiatives.
- Stays abreast of trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance for the finance and information technology functions.
- Aligns financial policies and procedures with company objectives.
- Establishes financial reporting systems and controls to ensure compliance with company expenditure requirements and to meet customer needs.
- Financial Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Performance Management.
- Business Acumen.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Strategic Thinking.
This position is responsible for the direct supervision of the Supervisor, Accounting; Manager, Billing and Collections; and the consultant managing the company IT system (hardware and software).
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as duties demand.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires up to 10% travel.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience with at least five years in finance and accounting management (i.e., controller, assistant controller, finance/accounting manager).
Preferred Education and Experience
- Certified Public Accountant
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Technical software skills and experience: MS Office
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.